‘Fruits of the Mountains’ is a series of events which aims to bring together local producers, manufacturers of local souvenirs, handiwork and other handcraft items typical of Gorski kotar, local eating establishments and accommodation providers, and the natural and cultural landmarks of the region.
In addition to visiting famous natural attractions and sites of interest, Fruits of the Mountains programmes give tourist agencies from Croatia and abroad the opportunity to create new, original tours in the Gorski kotar region.
Fruits of the Mountains programmes are based on the local landscape, traditions and family values, and are closely related to the Fruits of the Mountains Route. The Fruits of the Mountains Route connects farms and local producers of produce made from the fruit, berries and medicinal herbs that grow in the area of Gorski kotar.
We would like to give our visitors the chance to meet individuals and family-run companies that produce local products and also to learn more about the healing properties and benefits of wild and organic fruits and medicinal herbs. Moreover, our guests can participate in farm work and also learn more about traditional handicrafts, bees and apiculture. We would like our younger guests and their parents to experience the nature and animals first-hand, and to give them an understanding of the local cultural and natural heritage. In addition to visiting family-run farms, the programme can also include hiking and biking tours, visiting natural and cultural attractions in the area, sampling homemade food and enjoying a break in the pleasant surroundings of Gorski kotar.
Products on the Fruits of the Mountains Route:
- aperitifs, digestifs, dessert beverages, bitters
- pears and pear produce
- apples and apple produce
- berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, currants)
- berry produce
- medicinal herbs, medicinal herb products
- liqueurs, homemade syrups and jams
- mountain lavender seedlings
- mountain lavender products (essential oils, lotions, macerates, soaps, scented bags, teas, liqueurs, brandies)
- homemade liqueurs: honey liqueurs, herb liqueurs, raspberry liqueur, blueberry liqueur
- homemade cow’s milk cheeses
- local produce from Gorski kotar, decorative ceramic items and local souvenirs